• November 4Check us out on Twitter @TheArrowAppeal

• August 27Purchase your yearbook. Look for the Yearbook Table in the Commons During Lunch

• August 25Story Idea? Comment? News Tip? Contact us at [email protected]

The Arrow Appeal

Live Music Has a New Home in Central Mississippi

Parker Galloway, Entertainment Editor

The cosmos have been looking out for the live music junkies in the area. Brandon is opening its own amphitheater to be sponsored by C-Spire. Thank the corporate gods for they have decided to bless this barren Mississippi landscape with a series of major concert deals that are sure to bring in some heavy hitters.

This venue is groundbreaking for the area—a gift to the scene. Brandon’s outdoor arena has an impressive 8,300 occupancy, and will be modeled on other successful southern venues.

Red Mountain Entertainment will handle the booking for the C-spire Concert series.

Jim Richmond, the VP of marketing for C Spire said, “We’re excited about partnering with the city of Brandon at this new, high quality, fan-oriented music venue as part of our C Spire Concert Series program.”

These cats are dedicated to bringing the joy of music to the region and with music comes coin. That’s right people, we are talking economic revitalization. This means people from out of state coming to our hotels, our shops, and our restaurants. This is oh so glorious. A most fantastic turn of events.

Some of the artists that are slated to come when the place opens in the spring are Chris Young on April 18, Brantley Gilbert on May 3, the man himself, Hank Williams Jr. on May 12, The Dave Matthews’s band on May 29, Alan Jackson on June 22 and Jason Aldean on July 27.

They got some real grade A people coming through. Things are really popping off around us. So mark your calendars and check out their website. I really hope you guys will venture forth and experience some of these cats when they hit the stage in the coming months.