• November 4Check us out on Twitter @TheArrowAppeal

• August 27Purchase your yearbook. Look for the Yearbook Table in the Commons During Lunch

• August 25Story Idea? Comment? News Tip? Contact us at [email protected]

The Arrow Appeal

Competition and Bragging Rights on the Line for 2018 Clinton High School Clash of the Classes

File Photo

File Photo

Hyerin Jeong, Staff Writer

Pep rallies may be over for this school year, but there is still one more chance for you to show off your school spirit.

Clash of the Classes is coming up soon, and it is definitely a favorite event among the students at Clinton High School.

“Clash of the Classes is a fun sporting event where students from each class get to compete in a series of games in order to win the most important prize there is: bragging rights,” said Zuri Williams, student body president.

“This year, it will take place at 8 AM on Feb. 8 in the Clinton High School gym,” Williams added.

Students who want to attend this event must pay $2 for a ticket, and students who want to participate in a game must pay a participation fee of $1.

For those wanting to participate, there are plenty of games available, so you are sure to find one that is fitting for you.

Students who want to show off their speed can sign up for the three-legged race, while those who want to show off their strength can sign up for tug-of-war.

There are also games that show off specific skills, such as free throw, and overall athletic ability, such as the obstacle course.

Other games that students can expect at Clash of the Classes are dodgeball, over-under, stack ’em, inflatable bubble soccer and other games.

If you want to participate in a game at Clash of the Classes, be sure to keep an eye out for sign-up sheets.

They will be open from Jan. 30 to Feb. 2 during homeroom, and student council will hold a participants meeting on Feb. 6 during homeroom.

Sophomores will be able to sign up on Tuesday, Jan. 30 during Homeroom and Lunch.

Juniors will be able to sign up on Thursday, Feb. 1 during Homeroom and Lunch, and Seniors will be able to sign up on Friday, Feb. 2.

All participants will receive a free pizza lunch for competing in a game.

Clash of the Classes is an exciting event for both students competing and students cheering their classmates on from the stands, so make sure to not miss out on this day.

“It is always fun to compete against friends,” senior Hunter Martin said, “and Clash of the Classes organizes that into a fun, interesting test of abilities.”

Come out to Clash of the Classes on February 8 and show off your school spirit and your athletic ability once more before the school year is over!