• November 4Check us out on Twitter @TheArrowAppeal

• August 27Purchase your yearbook. Look for the Yearbook Table in the Commons During Lunch

• August 25Story Idea? Comment? News Tip? Contact us at [email protected]

The Arrow Appeal

Lessons from Linus

Breana Norton, Sports Editor

If you haven’t seen A Charlie Brown Christmas, you should bump it up to number one on your watch next list. Other than being a classic, it offers insight of some of the sentimental aspects of Christmas and the holiday season.

It’s safe to assume that all of us are excited for winter break—no school, celebrations and some really great food.

One of the best experiences of a two-week break is that we are reunited with families. Some live far away, and the holiday season is one of the only times in the year you can get together. Seeing families again offer great catching-up, funny moments and memories.

However, some families will experience their first holiday without some loved ones. This break will bring reunions, mutual feelings and needed coping.

Many families focus on the religious aspect of how many years ago, a Savior was wrapped in a manger.

As a senior, this is my last Christmas as a “kid.” Don’t get me wrong, I’m still hoping for Star Wars Legos and a fluffy pillow under the tree. But next year, I’ll be 18 and heading back from Mississippi State for Christmas. I won’t be giving my teachers a cute Christmas card and be spending all winter in Clinton with my parents, where we go driving looking for the house with the funkiest Christmas lights.

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus or are just glad to have a break, don’t forget to thank your friends and families for the contribution they have made in your life. And of course, don’t forget to be joyful.

Have a Merry Christmas and Holiday Season.

And as always, Go Arrows.